Who wants to spend all summer in a hot kitchen? These recipes allow you to whip up a tasty meal without missing out on any summer fun. The Doritos taco salad takes just minutes to make, and for the pepper steak, the slow cooker makes things a breeze.
As always, bon appétit!
Doritos Taco Salad
- 3/4-1 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 taco seasoning packs
- 1/2 medium-sized head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup green onions (reserving some for garnish)
- 1 bag of Doritos
- Sour cream
Brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain, and stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer 5 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, pepper, beans, tomatoes, and green onions. Drizzle dressing over mixture, and toss to coat evenly. Top with crushed Doritos, and lightly toss again. Garnish with sour cream and remaining green onions.